The second drink in my series of Rock ‘n’ Roll Smoothies is Brown Sugar. It is a gluten-free, vegan glass of chocolatey yumminess. This is the kind of smoothie I typically make on the weekend because it tastes like such a treat – but it is actually super healthy too! By the way – it is also completely free of any refined sugar – despite its title!
The main ingredients include:
- Chocolate protein powder
R’n’R Smoothies: Nutrition per Serving:
One glass of Brown Sugar contains approximately 400 calories and will provide 19.5g of healthy fats, 45g carbs, of which 11g are from fibre and 17g of protein. One serving of this smoothie kept me full for a long time.
A serving will also give you 63% of your calcium RDA (without any dairy!), 37% of your iron RDA, 21% of your vitamin A RDA and 13% of your RDA for vitamin C.
The Rock ‘n’ Recipe:
(Makes Two Servings)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds.
- 1 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder.
- 1 heaped scoop chocolate protein powder (or two tbsp).
- 1 small ripe banana.
- 1 ripe avocado.
- 1 and a 1/2 cups rice milk.
- A handful of ice cubes
- 2 tsp cocoa nibs (to decorate).
- To grind up the chia seeds, use either a high-powered blender or a coffee grinder.
- Add all ingredients (except for cocoa nibs) to blender and blend from a low speed gradually moving up to high until entirely smooth.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with cocoa nibs to decorate.
Tastes so good…
The Clean Coconut x
P.S. Check out Purple Haze here.