These biscuits are vegan, gluten free and low FODMAP too. They are a really good clean treat to have when you want something nice! As well as that they are so quick and easy to make.
Cookies: The Recipe
This recipe makes approximately ten peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
250g Peanut Butter (I used crunchy)
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Oats (Use gluten free oats to keep recipe gluten free)
40g Dark Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds (ground)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
Sprinkle of pink himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda and 25g dark chocolate chips.
- Separately, mix the wet ingredients together; maple syrup, vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll mixture into small golf-ball sized balls and flatten out a little (they will flatten more when baked so you don’t want them too flat going into oven!) Place each cookie on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper. Ensure biscuits are well spaced apart.
- Use the leftover 15g of dark chocolate chips to decorate the top of the cookies.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of pink himalayan salt and place the tray on the middle shelf of your preheated oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes before removing the tray from oven to cool for ten minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Store in a sealed container. Cookies should keep for about a week – although my batch did not last quite that long 🙂
The Clean Coconut x